- Classroom Lectures
- Group Discussions
- Field Observations: Visit to Schools, Class Room Observation
- Programmed learning using various instructional media, including the recorded, audio, visual and audio-visual, (OHP, slide projector, movie projector, tape recorder), Printg (PLM, self learning material, resource material), Digital (LCD) and face to face.
- Field Practice: Classroom Teaching, Testing Programme, Organizing School Activities.
- Use of ICT in teaching
- Project based learning
- Simulated exercise using multiple sources for effective teaching: references, documents, reports and browsing search engines
- The Department has a well evolved Library which is a very strong resource. There are about 25,000 volumes which include course related reading material, self learning material, reference books, encyclopedia, technical dictionaries, educational reports and documents, doctoral theses, dissertation and research papers, as relevant resource material for school teaching and textbooks. Many of these are available both in Hindi and English . Around 40 periodicals including 13 foreign journals enable the staff and students to keep in touch with the field.
The departmental Library is in the process of getting totally digitalized.
The library is widely used by not only the staff and students of the Department but also other P.G. students and teachers on campus as well as research scholars and teacher educators from other institutes.The daily readership is over 200 per day.
Psychological unit comprises several psychological tests such as intelligence, interest inventories, learning experiments - attitude, aptitude, personality achievement motivation and projective tests. This unit is of great use to all students, teachers and researchers at all levels.
General Subject provide and develop varied subject related materials useful as instructional supports. These are in the form of models, charts, maps, transparencies and other relevant material and are separately maintained for Sciences, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Language and Home Science.These subject unit also provide training in improvisation techniques for developing instructional support material.
Students’ Activity unit deals with organization of various cultural, sports and social activities and celebration of important days.
‘Students Guidance Corner’ is a practical group run by the students specializing in Guidance and Counselling at both B.Ed. and M.Ed. levels. Actual problems and queries of school children are analysed and answers prepared by them through a display board. Once a year this unit organizes the Guidance Day, where at displays and discussion with field experts are arranged on issues of relevance to children's further education and career.